Carpet Cleaning in Wentzville, the Things You Need to Know
Carpets are a highly popular flooring option for homes because they’re warm and soft and make the whole family feel welcome and at home. Clean carpets are central to this feeling, and vacuuming, even as frequently as once a week, isn’t enough to keep carpets truly clean through the wearing activities of the day. Regular Wentzville home life demands a lot from carpets, and professional carpet cleaning is the best way to keep them in great condition.
There is a thought that professional carpet cleaning uses damaging chemicals, but this isn’t the case. Modern carpet cleaning methods, specifically hot water extraction, uses water heated to more than 200 degrees Fahrenheit to remove dirt and particles and clean the carpets. The pressurized water loosens stains, dirt and other mites, which is all removed through the industrial vacuuming equipment.
Hot water extraction is also entirely soap free, safe for all carpets and, most importantly, is safe for kids, pets and the environment. There is no residue left behind and your carpets will feel healthy and pure. In addition, hot water extraction carpet cleaning is safe for all types of carpets, from shag to berber to carpets with decorative patterns. Modern carpet cleaning methods will not upset the delicate fibers of your carpets and will actually help them look new longer.
Stain Removal in Carpet - Stain Removal Help
How To Remove Blood Stains From Carpet
Accidents involving a bit of blood can happen from time to time, especially if you have small children at home. You never know when someone will hit into a corner of the table or some such thing and get a cut that bleeds. When blood drips onto the carpet, it can cause an ugly stain and can potentially cause health problems. Here is a simple method that tells you how to remove blood stains from carpet.
1. Using a clean cloth that is dry, soak up as much of the stain as quickly as possible to help keep the blood from soaking into the carpet. Use a vertical blotting motion instead of scrubbing and blot the blood stains on carpet from the outside to the inside to help keep the stain from spreading.
2. Pour some clean cold water into a bowl. Do not use warm water, as that can help set the stain faster.
3. Blot cold water with a clean dry cloth, towel or sponge directly onto the stain to aid in removing blood from carpet.
4. Use a dry cloth, preferably white, to blot up the moisture and stain. As the cloth becomes wet, use a fresh cloth or a dry patch of the cloth in order to prevent spreading the stain as you blot. Always be careful to use a vertical motion so that you do not scrub the carpet.
5. If the blood stain is still on the carpet, get out your hydrogen peroxide bottle and pour a little into a bowl for ease of use. Using a gentle vertical motion, blot the peroxide onto the stain. The peroxide will cause a reaction with the blood and will begin to foam. Continue blotting until the foam has been removed.
6. If the blood stains are still visible, repeat steps 3 through 5 until the stain has disappeared.
7. Once the stain has completely been removed, use clean cold water to blot and rinse the area. Use a clean towel and be careful not to scrub the carpet.
8. When the rinsing is complete, use a dry clean towel or cloth to soak up the remaining moisture. You may want to place a dry cloth on the area and place something heavy on top of it for a couple of hours to help remove the moisture completely.
Throughout the process of removing blood from carpet, remember not to scrub the carpet as this can damage the individual fibers of the carpet and leave it looking worn. Blotting should be done in an up and down or vertical motion.
This method tells you how to remove blood stains from carpet when they have just occurred or are fresh. When blood stains on carpet have been there for a few days or more, it may take a professional to remove them. However, there are also some stain removal products on the market that do a good job at removing blood from carpet. Be sure to test any home or professional stain removing solution on an area of the carpet that won't be seen to make sure that it does not cause carpet damage.
The Importance Of Upholstery Cleaning
The first and one of the most necessary steps to try and do in spite of what's the reason behind the stain is blot up the spill quickly and as much as possible. Make certain that you simply blot and avoid wiping as wiping may unfold the stain and presumably allow it go deeper into the carpet, creating it tougher to clean out. Your next step should be the proper treatment of carpet stain employing a cleaner which is acceptable for the carpet fibres and won't cause discolouration.
Removing stains out of carpet will sometimes be done employing a soft detergent and water. In some cases, alternative cleansers like ammonia, carpet cleaning solutions, or vinegar is also simpler. If you cannot remove the stains out of the rugs, then it's better to call a professional who can do the job perfectly.
Removing stains from the carpet varies depending on what has caused the stain. Here are a few easy stain removing and carpet cleaning tips.
- In most cases of spills, quick reaction and water is all you need to stop a stain from setting in or to get rid of the stain. You have to first remove any solid substance and employ a clean towel or tissue to blot the spill as much as you can.
- You can choose to do wicking when you've totally cleaned the spill however it reappears a few days later. This may happen if some amount of liquid has gathered at the bottom of your carpet. Even when you thought you've cleaned up the stain you just had merely cleaned the surface. This can permit the liquid that's left behind to wet the fibres of the carpet and reach the surface. This will make the process of carpet cleaning more difficult.
You can stop this by sheltering the stained space with paper towels or a thick cloth, and then putting a heavy object on them. Leave this placement overnight in order to allow the paper or cloth to soak all the remaining water from the carpet. You can clean the carpet properly the next day.
- Removing Food stains - Many stains caused by various food items can be removed by blotting the stained space either by using a liquid dish soap or non-bleaching laundry detergent and water. After you have done this, you can also apply a combination of a ¼ cup of vinegar and a full cup of water.
Leave the detergent mixture on the carpet for a minimum time of 5 minutes, then blot the stain and clean the spot with the vinegar mixture. After allowing it to remain on the carpet for 5 minutes, blot it up. Repeat these steps until the stain is removed completely from the carpet. If the stain remains, then call professional carpet cleaners who can deliver amazing results.
Call today for your personal, professional Wentzville carpet cleaning consultation and let the experts show you how your home can seem new again through clean carpets.