Do you avoid inviting friends and family to your house because of
unsightly carpet stains and embarrassing carpet odors?
Do your children and pets always seem to track mud across the
Do your children –or perhaps you — spill drinks on the carpet on an almost daily basis?
If you would like to end your dread of dirty and smelly carpets, relax and let our professional St. Louis carpet technicians get your carpet stain free and odor free.
Choosing the Best St. Louis Carpet Cleaning Company
You would be surprised at so many highly unlikely things one could use while removing stains from carpet. Most of these are available in your bathrooms and kitchens. Some stains, however, may be a bit more stubborn, but there are quite a few specialized stain removers out there that can make removing stains from carpet a no hassles job.
Firstly, it is important to understand types of stains. Stains can generally be classified as water-based (juices, alcohol, vomit, milk, clay, cologne, Latex paints, fruits, beer or blood,); oil based (ink, crayons, cosmetics, grease, gravy) and a category called special water based stains (coffee, tea and urine). The last category is called so since these are difficult stains to remove in terms of their color and odor. Generally the same product or method can be used for removing stains from carpet from the same category.
There are quite a lot of things that you use daily which can also come in quite handy while removing stains from carpet. For example:
o Shaving cream/lotion: Foaming shaving lotion or cream can come in quite handy while removing mud stains from a carpet. It also works quite well on most other types of stains - water based and oil based.
o Vaseline: Oil based stains from cosmetics - especially lipsticks-can be 'loosened' by rubbing Vaseline or petroleum jelly. When you feel satisfied, scoop up the jelly and wash the spot with a solution of dishwashing detergent and water.
o WD40: This is quite a cure-all for removing stains from carpet. If you get chewing gum, tar or wax on the carpet, dab some WD40 and out it comes. It takes a few applications, but is much faster than any other method.
o Neutrogena shampoo: This might seem expensive, but it's a good way to take off stains made by pastel chalks, crayons and possibly other oil based colors too.
o Baby wipes or diapers: In the process of removing stains from carpet, if the carpet gets quite wet, then use baby diapers to blot up the dampness. They're super absorbent, and make less of a mess than regular blotting paper. Ensure you keep a little weight on the diaper to help it do its job.
Blood Stain Removal for Carpeting
Your living room sofa is the one piece of home furniture that immediately catches the attention of people who walk into your flat. Its cleanliness and condition says much about your personality and hygiene.
Same goes for the seats in your car. Your passengers begin forming impressions about you even before they settle down on the seats.
So it's important to try and keep your upholstery clean. But how do you do it? Here are a few simple tips to make cleaning upholstery a snap.
First, determine what kind of material your car or furniture upholstery is made of. The cleaning solvents you use for fabric upholstery may be completely unsuitable for - and even damaging to - leather upholstery, and vice versa. Check the labels of the cleaning products to verify what materials they could be used for.
You also need to have on hand other cleaning tools. A hand-held brush is splendid for scraping food debris, hair clumps, and dust from most types of upholstery. You may also need a small dustpan or bin to throw the dirt into afterwards.
A compact portable vacuum cleaner with interchangeable nozzles would be useful for sucking up particles from hard-to-reach areas. Also be armed with some paper towels and cloths to wipe off excess cleaning solutions, and a little spray bottle of water for rinsing.
Once you've got your materials on hand, begin by removing pillows and seat cushions. Prep your furniture for cleaning by scraping off dried debris with a brush and spatula; remove liquid spots with paper towels.
Vacuum off any loose particles. Once these are removed, you can perform the rest of the cleaning process. The next part of the process depends on whether you are cleaning leather or fabric upholstery.
Leather is generally more resistant against spills, so you can easily wipe the mess off with a damp cloth. Leather is also much easier to maintain than fabric, because you can use ordinary soap and water for cleaning it.
If you prefer to use specially formulated cleaners, follow instructions on the can or bottle to ensure thorough cleaning. Avoid using the solution on metal parts of the furniture, as these may cause corrosion.
Allow the sofa's surface to dry completely before you let anybody sit on it.
Water mixed with a light soap or liquid detergent can usually clean stains from cotton or polyester furniture. Massage the mixture into the fabric with a towel or a soft brush, lifting the fabric up slightly to minimize wetting the cushion, until the stain is removed. Do this gently to avoid ripping the fabric. Then dry the area with a hair blower.
For more delicate fabrics (such as satin and velvet) or for more persistent stains, use commercial dry cleaning solutions. Zealously follow the instructions to get the best results.
Afterwards, allow the area to dry completely. You might want to put out pillows and cushions under the sun to dry.
Other helpful tips
Make sure you have enough ventilation in the area because some cleaners can have very pungent odours.
In lieu of commercially prepared solutions, you can make your own solution by mixing a small amount of dish detergent (enough to cause light suds) with one cupful of water. This is not only cheaper but also gentler on your lungs. What's more, you can always use the leftover solution for washing your dishes or your car.
After you clean up your upholstery, the next step is to keep it as clean as possible for the longest time possible. Keep dogs off the couch, and cover your seats with a light blanket when you are not using them. Training your children in the proper use of furniture will also help tremendously.
Offering professional carpet cleaning services in the following areas of St. Louis Missouri.
- Best Professional Carpet Cleaning Companies St. Louis
- Professional Carpet Cleaner Florissant
- Best Carpet Cleaner Company Chesterfield
- Best Carpet Cleaning Service University City
- Best Carpet Cleaner Company Oakville
- Carpet Cleaner Company Wildwood
- Carpet Cleaning Companies Ballwin
- Local Carpet Cleaning Companies Mehlville
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Services Kirkwood
- Carpet Cleaner Company Hazelwood
- Best Professional Carpet Cleaning Companies Maryland Heights
- Carpet Cleaning Services Webster Groves
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Services Ferguson
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Services Spanish Lake
- Best Carpet Cleaning Service Affton
- Carpet Cleaning Companies Manchester
- Best Carpet Cleaner Company Lemay
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Services Overland
- Best Carpet Cleaning Service Concord
- Best Professional Carpet Cleaning Companies Creve Coeur
- Professional Carpet Cleaner Clayton
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Bridgeton
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Jennings
- Professional Carpet Cleaning St. Ann
- Carpet Cleaning Services Crestwood
- Best Carpet Cleaning Company Bellefontaine Neighbors
- Best Carpet Cleaning Company Town and Country
- Best Professional Carpet Cleaning Companies Berkeley
- Best Carpet Cleaning Service Richmond Heights
- Carpet Cleaner Company Maplewood
- Carpet Cleaning Companies Ellisville
- Carpet Steam Cleaner Company Ladue
- Best Professional Carpet Cleaning Companies Des Peres
- Carpet Cleaning Companies Sunset Hills
- Best Carpet Cleaning Company Brentwood
- Carpet Cleaning Services Eureka
- Best Carpet Cleaning Service Olivette
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Services Sappington
- Best Professional Carpet Cleaning Companies St. John
- Best Carpet Cleaning Service Black Jack
- Professional Carpet Cleaner Shrewsbury
- Carpet Cleaner Company Valley Park
- Carpet Cleaner Company Glendale
- Carpet Cleaning Services Dellwood
- Best Carpet Cleaning Service Glasgow Village
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Normandy
- Carpet Steam Cleaner Company Breckenridge Hills
- Carpet Cleaner Company Northwoods
- Carpet Cleaning Companies Rock Hill
- Carpet Cleaning Services Castle Point
- Carpet Cleaning Companies Lakeshire
- Best Carpet Cleaner Company Fenton
- Best Carpet Cleaning Service Pine Lawn
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Woodson Terrace
- Best Carpet Cleaning Company Pagedale
- Professional Carpet Cleaner Frontenac
- Best Carpet Cleaning Company Riverview
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Bel-Ridge
- Professional Carpet Cleaner Clarkson Valley
- Carpet Cleaning Companies Green Park
- Carpet Steam Cleaner Company Moline Acres
- Best Carpet Cleaning Service Wellston
- Best Professional Carpet Cleaning Companies Marlborough
- Best Professional Carpet Cleaning Companies Hanley Hills
- Best Professional Carpet Cleaning Companies Warson Woods
- Local Carpet Cleaning Companies Vinita Park
- Carpet Steam Cleaner Company Winchester
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Velda City
- Local Carpet Cleaning Companies Bel-Nor
- Carpet Cleaning Companies Oakland
- Best Carpet Cleaning Service Hillsdale
- Carpet Cleaning Services Charlack
- Carpet Steam Cleaner Company Country Club Hills
- Carpet Steam Cleaner Company Calverton Park
- Professional Carpet Cleaner Pasadena Hills
- Carpet Cleaner Company Velda Village Hills
- Local Carpet Cleaning Companies Cool Valley
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Norwood Court
- Professional Carpet Cleaner Flordell Hills
- Best Carpet Cleaner Company Grantwood Village
- Carpet Cleaner Company Edmundson
- Professional Carpet Cleaner Greendale
- Best Carpet Cleaner Company Sycamore Hills
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Bella Villa
- Best Carpet Cleaner Company Beverly Hills
- Carpet Steam Cleaner Company Pasadena Park
- Carpet Steam Cleaner Company Wilbur Park
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Uplands Park
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Services Crystal Lake Park
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Kinloch
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Services Twin Oaks
- Best Carpet Cleaning Company Huntleigh
- Carpet Cleaning Companies Vinita Terrace
- Local Carpet Cleaning Companies Westwood
- Best Carpet Cleaner Company Bellerive
- Best Carpet Cleaning Company Glen Echo Park
- Professional Carpet Cleaning Mackenzie
- Carpet Cleaning Companies Country Life Acres